Forta Proposal 3 (FP-3): Forta Delegated Staking

In my opinion, voting rights should be in proportion to the square root of the token amount. For example, 100 tokens should represent 10 votes, and 10000 tokens should represent 100 votes. because those who set up 100-200 nodes in the network and hold most of the tokens prevent the voting against them. Additional adjustments are required so that the network is resistant to sybill attacks and not controlled by a small minority of nodes.

1.The number of bots depends on the sla and Delegated Stakeing. Is there a specific calculation method?we need more details
2,The limits of the maximum stake should be a slow growth process rather than an increase to 25k. It is unfair for those who have a high SLA but do not get many Delegated Stakeing. Therefore, It should be a slow growth curve of the maximum Delegated Stakeing
2. I think the highest weight should be allocated to the SLA rather than Delegated Stakeing. Delegated Stakeing is only to prevent the node from doing evil, not the more the better. If so, Who has more money should be rewarded more. This is very unfair,SLA weight should be 0.7
3.Bots do more evil than nodes, so the Staking of bot should be increased more
4.The memory limit should be increased to 16G
5.For example, now I have 20 robots, but I always keep a high score. But if the Staking amount of others that has the same score as me is more than my staking amount , Does it mean that my bots will leave? I am very sad about this

1 Like

1 person 1 node would make the system very hard to escale, and it would break the current state of the system. There are already a bunch of nodes with the same owner.

KYC was a requisite of Fortification phase, Forta right now is a permisionless network, and I think it should stay that way.

It is recommended to use 16g to increase the pledge amount to 5000

Regarding the proposal, the main reason why we say No is that there are too many entries that are not clear, and we can’t say yes without understanding each one very clearly

1. the relationship between stakes volume and reward:
    Suppose there are 2 nodes with the same SLA=1.0, one stakes 2.5K, the other stakes 25K. Is the reward of the node that stakes 2.5K 1/10 of the node that stakes 25K? or the one stakes 2.5K will get nothing?

2. About bot assignment:
    “The Forta bot assignment algorithm will be modified so that scan nodes with higher stakes (more security) will receive new bot assignments before other scan nodes with equal or lower SLAs”, how to define the same SLA? 0.901 = 0.902? Suppose there are 2 nodes, one stakes 25K and SLA=0.901, the other stakes 2.5K and SLA=0.902, which node will the bot assign to? Then, if the node with SLA=0.902 drops to 0.90, will the bot immediately move to the 0.901 node, whatever how much it has stakes?

Therefore, before these questions are clarified, how can we be expected to choose yes directly?

I would like to see suggestions from those who voted “no”. If they don’t, it will undermine the entire system. A project that cares about safety cannot itself be endangered. The token should not be cheap and its price should not constantly fall.
Maybe it was not completely clear how to get bots. I propose to leave the rewards for the node, taking into account the SLA and an additional percentage of the delegation of tokens, if the node is working. Distribute bots between nodes with good SLA and make additional delegations from the team for these nodes. Also pick up this delegation if the node starts to work poorly and bots are added to another node

The maximum delegation should not be small. If I don’t run a node, I don’t have technical knowledge, then why do I need tokens? How to use them?

Tokens should be given more scenarios in the future rather than Staking

In the future, customers need to buy tokens to enjoy the service

But now there is not even staking. And you propose to make it limited to a small amount. I will repeat the question - why should I buy tokens?

Delegation is a very welcome proposal for the growth of FORTA and the idea behind the proposed rules is also good. The proposal needs some minor tweaking (my personal opinion) so that Community Node runners from Fortification Stage are taken care of. Clarity in Proposal is very much required.My points are:-

1. Clear definition of Parameters with Weightage for Bot Assignment
  2. Clear definition of Parameters with weightage for Rewards Calculation
  3. Foundation Support to Node Runners from Fortification Phase till some period otherwise it feels like a set back to support the network and when it reaches a critical mass, Initial supporters are left behind. The support could be in any other form also to bring them to a level playing field with Other Big Node Providers. You can give some privileges to POAP holder node runners :slight_smile:
  4. I raised this point earlier also that some bots are like using so many rpc requests and if you are the unlucky Node hosting such bots, breaking even for that node becomes impossible. So This factor should also be considered in bot staking amount as well as rewards for the node.

Let make FORTA win…

2 Likes

In the future, people will fly to the moon. Do I need to buy a ticket now?

1 Like

i agree 25k,just want more details?ok?

1 Like

You just don’t want your token price to keep falling

I agree that the proposal with bots is incomprehensible, because there are very few bots. And there is no formula. Therefore, I propose to remove this part of the proposal in this vote or clarify the formula.

And I want the price of our token to be protected by liquidity

I’m not looking for free rewards.

If someone does not have money to invest, should they receive the same reward as those who have invested more?

Why are so many people suggesting this? It is nonsense

Individual bots are difficult to control, and the sla is very low, even if you have good hardware and bandwidth

:classical_building: Governance Update :warning:

FP-4 on Delegated Staking is now live on the Forta governance forum

In response to FP-3’s no vote, the Forta Governance Council carefully crafted a new proposal taking into account the community suggestions :arrow_heading_down:

Delegates earn while FORTA grows. Current executors of small nodes have the same privileges as large players. Excuse me, but do you even understand what you write? I don’t want to offend you, but I think this is very stupid

The result of your judgments is visible now, when the token falls. Do you still want to kill the project?